PrincessGaia´s Diary

Well Hello there, I didnt go up this morning to make you life a living hell but if you insist I can start now!?!

Min bilder
Namn:
Plats: Gothenburg, Sweden

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. ~Herm Albright

fredag, oktober 09, 2009

Week of travels

Monday..heading for Finland and Helsinki for a inventory workshop/session.
Nice speaking some finnish again..Im actually getting the shell business english pretty ok now..Im learning strange words like, pumps, tanks, pipelines, storagelocations, materials, density etc.
Was also nice meeting the girls again (the 2 of my team sitting in Vaasa) adn finally ALL the depot managers that I´ve have for sure had 100 telephoneconversations with the past 2 years.
Good meeting with good input and even the seniors joining from UK were surprized over how I managed to get the finns speaking as much as I did. (it wasnt quet for one minute during the 6h meeting^^ )

Tuesday heading after meetings in Finland to Oslo, Norway.
Was to meet up with two girls at the airport..my fligt was 30 mins delayed. the girl from Kristiansand was also 45 mins delayed and the girl flying in from Billund, DK was 3h early :/
After a lot of laughing and candy testing (yeah I know I just had to..so result of my Finland visit was 14kg of chocolade..I wont become thin if I eat all that alone..good thing I like to share^^)
Well we more or less stressed our way to the Hotel..made a quick change of clothes..makeup on (some more for me) and then head to Oslo central (Karl Johann) for a teamdinner at a fantastic Vietnamiese restaurant and then straight to bed.

Wednesday was the Norwegian session..I was the one holding it. Its really hard presenting someone elses slidepack but It went fairly well. 20ppl sitting around the table and nobody managed to fall asleep..thats a OK achievement..right?
It was fun..I actually like keeping meetings and presentations, ppl gets to se a new side of me ;)
My superuser in Norway was a doll..she pulled me aside when we hade a break and told me.
"- Gaia, you usually impress me with your skill in things and your remarkable energy and will to sort problems and how you get everyone going with you and actually enjoying it, but this time you really impress me, you looked relaxed..talked in a really nice tempo..integrated with the entire group, picked up all questions, making jokes and you looked like it was your most natural position ever to be standing there infront of all theese strangers..like you havent done anything but that your entire life...Im so impressed..you just keep on surprizing me and Im so happy to have you as out linemanager..your the best..I could not ask nor ever get a better one!"
aaawwwww......*lub her* I was about to start crying..thats pretty much the nicest thing I ever heard in my entire life..all the hard work, all the try to fix, try to help and to be there for all the ppl I love, someone noticed..someone payed attenssion..touched my soul.

Wednesday evening ...heading back to Gothenburg due to last session was cancelled for me..thank god. came home at 22 all dead and ready for bed.
Centi had cleaned the entire house..from floors to the roof..he had even been dust cleaning.
Doing everything so I didnt have to worry about anything for the comming weekend*love*
so I could just lay back..relax..watcha a few episodes of Numb3rs and then fall asleep.
SO COSY..thank you Centi for being there for me..always *kisses*