PrincessGaia´s Diary

Well Hello there, I didnt go up this morning to make you life a living hell but if you insist I can start now!?!

Min bilder
Namn:
Plats: Gothenburg, Sweden

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. ~Herm Albright

torsdag, oktober 30, 2008

Strange project meeting

Yesterday just before traveling back home I was in a 4h finalizing meeting about a new product that is to be rebranded at the depots in Norway 1/11.
This was my first meeting in my new role (I was there sitting on two chairs actually both my new and old title) And I agree, everything looked great on the paper until I started asking questions. That I should not have done, I managed in less than 2h embaress both the project lead and some of the bosses. Yeah me making impression again.
How can they do a regrinding on Saturday when they have not talked with anybody about the TA that is supposed to do the job.
So Saturday..no can do was my first say. TA has been working so hard they cant work overtime in the rest of the year. Then they don’t have the knowlage since we just the day before got to know everyone is leaving GIB and just working in GSAP where the rebrand is done..and some ppl hasn’t even seen GSAP yet. So beside giving my self a crisis people understood that month end needs to be done before the rebrand can take place and suddenly Saturday was Tuesday. Ofc I managed to do all my actions in less than 15 mins (fix GSAP support for Tuesday and send out E-mails to TA to inform the ations taken)
I even managed to identify a gap that we can not record any movements in GSAP from 1 Nov until rebrand was made so I got an entire team of 8ppl sitting still for 1.5 days due to the rebranding otherwise it would have been a mess.
When leaving the meeting I just had to…
-Sorry guys for destroying your meeting but things working on the paper needs always a reality check. (They actually thanked me and wanted me to come to the follow up telecon) I mean how stupid are they..they didn’t even understand that this has a inpact on reconciling and invoicing is going to be delayed...it would make there KPI:s look realy bad. What can one say more?
“Gaia is out of the building..in a train to Gothenburg..and Shes smiling.”